PicHostify – Versatile Image Hosting
PicHostify is a browser extension based on PicX, offering a comprehensive image hosting solution and image toolkit using the GitHub API. It’s free, secure, and facilitates image uploading, hosting, link generation, and offers various image manipulation tools.
- Quick: No deployment necessary. Use it directly in your browser with no limitations.
- Free: PicHostify is powered by Vue.js and is entirely free of charge.
- Secure: Sensitive data like API Keys are stored locally using IndexedDB.
📖 How to use
Start by creating a GitHub Token and use it to configure your PicHostify. It’s that simple!
PicHostify is now available in the Google Chrome App Store, try it here.
If you wish to deploy locally:
Clone the repository or download the source code:
git clone https://github.com/jwjoel/PicHostify.git
Build PicHostify with the commands
npm run build
Open the Extensions page in your browser:
- In Chrome, navigate to
- In Firefox, navigate to
- In Chrome, navigate to
Enable developer mode (you’ll usually find this as a toggle in the top-right corner of the Extensions page).
Click “Load unpacked extension” (Chrome) or “Load Temporary Add-on” (Firefox) and select the
distdirectory within your project folder.
PicHostify extension should now be installed and ready to use in your browser’s toolbar.
- Drop, Paste, File Selection: Multiple ways to upload images.
- Image Renaming & Hashing: Ensure unique names and setting naming prefixes.
- Batch Operations: Uploading, deleting, and batch copying of image links.
- Multi-level Directory Management: Create and view images in multi-level directories.
- One-click Copying: Easily copy image links and freely convert between Markdown and HTML formats.
- Multiple Image Link Rules: Built-in support for Staticaly, jsDelivr, ChinaJsDelivr, and more.
- Custom Image Link Rules: Configure to suit your needs.
- Image Compression: Built-in efficient compression algorithm (webp, mozjpeg, avif) with automatic compression before uploading.
- Image Watermarks: Configure for added image protection.
- Base64 Encoder: Convert image to Base64 format.
- Dark Mode: A more comfortable viewing experience at night.
We would like to express our deepest gratitude to the original project, PicX, and its author. Their work has laid a solid foundation for PicHostify and inspired our efforts. If you’re interested in a web version of PicHostify, we highly recommend visiting the original PicX project.
Should you encounter any issues during use, please raise an issue for the author to address.
We welcome contributions including but not limited to, improving the user interface, adding new features, optimizing performance, fixing bugs, and enhancing documentation.
Thanks to all of the contributors:
This project is licensed under AGPL-3.0.