Directus is a real-time API and App dashboard for managing SQL database content.
- Free & open-source. No artificial limitations, vendor lock-in, or hidden pricing.
- REST & GraphQL API. Instantly adds a blazingly fast Node.js API layer to your database.
- Manage pure SQL. Works with existing SQL databases, or helps build new architectures from scratch.
- Choose your database. Supports PostgreSQL, MySQL, SQLite, OracleDB, MariaDB and MS-SQL.
- Allows self-hosting. Choose your hosting and infrastructure, run locally, or deeply integrate on-premises.
- Completely extensible. Built to white-label, it is easy to customize our modular platform.
- A modern dashboard. A Vue.js Admin App so safe and intuitive, non-technical users require no training.
Create a new Directus project by running the following npm command:
npx create-directus-project my-project
Or, using yarn:
yarn create directus-project my-project
Simply follow the setup prompts and the CLI will create your new project directory (eg:
file, and initial database. To get the most out of Directus, and to ensure you have the latest security patches, it is
important to keep your projects up-to-date.
Directus only requires Node.js and supports most operating systems and SQL database vendors.
- Node.js 12.20+
- npm 6.x+
- PostgreSQL 10+
- MySQL 5.7.8+ (8.* with mysql_native_password
- MariaDB 10.2+
- SQLite 3+
- MS-SQL X.X+
- OracleDB X.X+