A simple PWA for OCR, based on Tesseract.
This is a simple tool for OCR, and it can be used without network connection.
There’re already many OCR tools on the market, even if iPhone and WeChat could do that easily. Why do I still do it?
There are about two reasons:
- I want to do OCR easily on the desktop, but I do not want to install any applications.
- I hope the tool could be used offline.
Therefore, this project has four features you might be interested:
- Easy to use. This is a PWA and you can install it easily from the browser and use is offline.
- Focus on privacy. Thanks to the development of WebAssembly, we can introduce some awesome native tools to the web, meanwhile avoid interactions with servers.
- Extendable Engines. Currently supports Tesseract only, and may support PaddlePaddle afterwards.
- Support Multiple Languages. Potential support list could be found here: https://tesseract-ocr.github.io/tessdoc/Data-Files-in-different-versions.html.
This project is built with
# 1. git clone git clone [email protected]:plantree/ocr-pwa.git # 2. Install depencies pnpm install # 3. Run npm run dev
Please submit your issues here.
Copyright (c) 2023-present, Plantree