An open-source alternative frontend for YouTube which is efficient by design.
By using Piped, you can freely watch and listen to content freely without the fear of prying eyes watching everything you are doing.
- No Ads
- No Tracking
- Lightweight on server and client
- Infinite Scrolling
- Light/Dark themes
- Integration with SponsorBlock
- Integration with LBRY for streaming
- 4K support
- No connections to Google’s servers
- Playing just audio
- PWA support
- Support for iOS
- Locally saved Preferences
- Available in many languages, thanks to our translators
- Embedded video support
- Multi-region load-balancing
- Performant by design, designed to handle 1000s of users concurrently
- Does not use official YouTube APIs
- Uses NewPipeExtractor to extract information
- Public JSON API
Public Chat Rooms
- You can join us via Matrix at #piped.
- You can also join us at the libera.chat IRC network which is bridged to the Matrix room at #piped.
See https://piped-docs.kavin.rocks/docs/self-hosting/ for more details.
The source code of the documentation website is available at https://github.com/TeamPiped/Documentation.
The documentation can be found at https://piped-docs.kavin.rocks (accessible via IPNS as well).
You can help by translating the project to a language you speak at https://hosted.weblate.org/projects/piped/frontend/
Forking, and contributing
- Fork the repository on GitHub: https://github.com/TeamPiped/Piped/fork
- Create your feature branch:
git checkout -b my-awesome-feature
- Stage your files
git add .
- Commit your changes
git commit -am 'Add awesome new feature'
- Push to the branch
git push origin my-awesome-feature
- Create a new pull request: https://github.com/TeamPiped/Piped-Redirects/compare
Compiles and hot-reloads for development
You can now make changes and view then in realtime!
If you would like to contact me personally, you may do so with the following means:
Donations can be made at:
- bc1qhq8zjxmu405nvp37njj6zv3s980zg400pu9jfe (BTC)
- 0x1D77D4cfB1a947514241bcf19B1F04738495e2fD (ETH)
- 8A5Up8rKgagVAz6TuUduBqHp518H1U6fYc6GqCfWsaEfjGzbSccfYpgMqp5d4oe5Ws5MuFE1iKmhQTadhMhvuk3bHRT5Ebk (XMR, aka Monero)
- nano_1ngejzydncche4rdua3iebhj7sa95pw5geq4pb8phugtjf3tku933ktjb4pq (Nano)
- XpzgouDTKCUuE8a92XqjX9b43gKL8oLihw (Dash)
FIAT donations can be made at: https://liberapay.com/kavin
Contributions in any other form are also welcomed.
Made with Piped
- Yattee – an alternative frontend for YouTube, for IOS.
- LibreTube [WIP] – an alternative frontend for YouTube, for Android.
YourKit has given an open source license for their profiler, greatly simplifying the profiling of Piped’s performance.
YourKit supports open source projects with its full-featured Java Profiler. YourKit, LLC is the creator of YourKit Java Profiler and YourKit .NET Profiler, innovative and intelligent tools for profiling Java and .NET applications.