Vue Design System
Vue Design System is an open source tool for building UI Design Systems with Vue.js. It provides you and your team a set of organized tools, patterns & practices that work as the foundation for your application development.
Made by @viljamis and other contributors. See also the official website of Vue Design System and read my article on the processes and workflow I use to get started with a new design system project.
- A set of interconnected patterns & practices for you and your team.
- A well thought-out terminology, naming conventions, and hierarchy.
- Get an automated overview of how your design system progresses over time.
- Global design tokens in YAML format that you can use inside any component.
- Automatic generation of living, user editable documentation.
- Easily export and use your Design System as an NPM dependency in another Vue.js project.
- Create a token, an element, or a pattern, and it’s immediately available across all components.
- Pre-configured Prettier setup for auto-formatting code on both save and before commit.
- Live Reloading, Autoprefixing, SCSS, and helper functions + simple and sane defaults for SVG and Webfont usage out-of-the-box.
- Documentation and the app logic are separated, so you can have public docs while the app itself stays private.