MyLoopStory is a decentralized social network based on dynamic video NFTs.
Each user can mint their own LoopStory and add 3 seconds of video to it regularly. Everything is stored on-chain and on IPFS/Filecoin.
This project was realized in the context of ETHLisbon.
- Mint a NFT (ERC721 compatible on Mumbai testnet)
- Login through WalletConnect V2
- Record videos directly from the mobile browser
- Add video loop to your NFT
- Backend creating the full video based on IPFS hashes stored on chain
- Consult your video loop
- Cross platform (work on desktop/tablet/mobile)
Client: Vue.js, Ionic, Video.JS, Web3Modal v2
Server: Node, Express
Blockchain tool: Ethers
Storage: IPFS, FileCoin, NFT.storage
Test front-end deployed version at https://mls-eight.vercel.app/
Test back-end deployed version at https://myloopstory.herokuapp.com:3000/
This project is composed of 3 distinct parts:
- A Progressive Web App to mint, capture and add videos to your NFT
- A back-end fetching the data on-chain and generating a full video based on several IPFS hashes
- A smart-contract based on the ERC721 standard
This project has taught me a lot in the last 3 days. It’s the 1st time I participate alone to a hackaton but it’s also the 1st time I realize a PWA connected to the blockchain.
The IPFS documentation and the NFT.storage documentation were invaluable to me regarding on-chain storage.
Concerning the video generation, I learned to use the ffmpeg tool, extremely powerful if you understand its syntax.
As WalletConnect web3modal v2 is not yet available for Vue.JS, I had to adapt the vanilla JS libraries, which was not easy.
Well, I think the project was a bit too big for a first solo hackaton. I didn’t have time to code the social features. So, it’s not quite a social video network but a dynamic NFTs project, based on videos.
Improve Backend Performance
Adding social functionalities (social feed + follow/unfollow)
Adding Lens support
Make it chain-agnostic
To run this project, you will need to add the following environment variables to your .env file
🚀 About Me
My name is Marin, i’m a web3 full-stack developer, working with my DAOs frens on the first P2E game on Moonbeam Network, called “THE GREAT ESCAPE”.