Cringe Clock – ADHD Pomodoro for the Wildly Distractible 🕒🤪
Welcome to Cringe Clock – the Pomodoro timer that’s so in-your-face, you can’t help but stay on track. Designed with the distractible, the procrastinators, and the “oh look, a butterfly!” crowd in mind. If you’ve ever found yourself three hours deep into a Wikipedia rabbit hole or spent 4 hours making another stupid pomodoro (like I just did) when you were supposed to be working, this is for you.
Cringe Clock is not your grandma’s Pomodoro timer. It’s a ticking, flashing, always-on-top reminder that time is slipping away, and you should probably be doing something more productive than you are right now.
- Always On Top: Like the most annoying friend who won’t let you bail on gym day, Cringe Clock stays in your face.
- Flashing UI: Subtlety is not our thing. The UI flashes to keep your wandering eyes glued to the task. Warning for those with health conditions sensitive to flashing lights.
- Ticking Sound: Because nothing says “get to work” like the relentless sound of a ticking clock.
- ADHD-Friendly: Specifically designed for those who need a little (read: a lot) of extra push to stay focused.
- Customizable: Because even the easily distracted have preferences.
Getting Started 🚀
Cringe Clock is built with Vue and Electron, because we believe in using a sledgehammer to crack a nut.
Clone this repository:
git clone https://github.com/timsayshey/cringe-clock.git
Navigate to the project directory:
Install dependencies (yes, it has those):
Start the madness:
How to Contribute 🤝
Got an idea to make Cringe Clock even more absurdly over-the-top? Forks and PRs are welcome. This project thrives on chaos and caffeine.
- Mute button for flashing only
- More sound annoying sounds to choose from
- Current task textfield with checkbox with a list of completed tasks (persisted between launches)
Remember, Cringe Clock is designed to be annoyingly helpful. It’s not a bug; it’s a feature!
Cringe Clock is released under the MIT License.
Copyright 2023 EiQ Interactive LLC
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the “Software”), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED “AS IS”, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.