- Libre Weather is an open source weather pwa(progressive web app).
- You can either use the publicly hosted instance on
here or simply host your own instance.
- Once you browse the app with your mobile phone you can just download it and
have it behave like a normal app.
- Using the public instance:
- Hosting your own instance:
- clone this repo onto your server
git clone [email protected]:xddq/libre-weather.git
- copy the example .env file and fill in the required fields.
cp .env.example .env
- take the example compose and just copy it over
cp docker-compose.yml.example docker-compose.yml
- spin up the container docker-compose up -d
- browse your servers ip (lets say it has the ip 192.168.0.1) and then
browse to http://192.168.0.1:3000
- If you have feedback/suggestions just create an issue.
- If you want to design the frontend, I am happy to code your design. Again,
just create an issue and we will get in touch.
- There is a document called “PLAN” which states the features I will perhaps
add. If you want to help with any of them, let me know. Again, can just create
- Releases use semantic versioning
- frontend framework: nuxt
- language: typescript, vue
- pwa: nuxt pwa module
- charts: chartjs
- proxy that allows using your own api key: express middleware hooked into nuxt
- i18n: added the i18n plugin for nuxt (currently only having english
- linting: eslint
- formatting: prettier
- styling: tailwindcss
- build/deploy: docker / docker-compose file
- The weather data and the weather icons are provided by OpenWeatherMap, under the Creative Commons licence.
- Meta image taken from: unsplash
- App Icon made by Freepik from FlatIcon