A stupidly simple to use temporary mail host with an easy to use JSON/WS API Yes, there are hundreds of these. It’s just fun to learn new things
Core features 📃
- A simple web UI where you can generate a temp mail.
- An easy to use Websocket/HTTP API so you can integrate it into your own stuff.
Website and email 🕸️
The website will be hosted on
https://tmpx.email and the domain that’s for receiving mail will be
It’ll be straight forward:
- Express for an API you can interact with.
- Socket.io for the Websockets so the front-end doesn’t have to refresh.
- An IMAP server, this stores all the mail. Why use a DB when we can just use IMAP for now.
- imap-simple to interact with the IMAP server.
- A solid IMAP server that has a high uptime
- A VPS with Node.js installed
- A catch-all email address
- Setup a backend that can stream imap to the right places
- An endpoint that will fetch recent mail from the IMAP server
- A CRON that will clear the main inbox after a certain amount of time
- Download to PDF
- Forward mail to your own places, like a proxy
- Connect your own domain, you’ll probably have to set something up that it arrives at our inbox.
- Storing everything to a faster database than IMAP as soon as the mail arrives & then remove it from the mailbox to leave no traces on the place it arrived at.
- Queuing queries so the IMAP server doesn’t get flooded with useless queries.
- Ratelimitting based off the email address AND ip that the requests comes from.
- Automatically reconnect when the IMAP connection drops
The base for the JSON-API is
https://json.tmpx.email, it currently hosts the
- Find all mails for a certain email emailAddress
- Checks if the IMAP server is connected
The IMAP server will be hosted by LNGZL which is my software development agency aka it’s sponsored by myself 🎉
If you’re interested in donating a domain to the tmpx platform, first of all that’s awesome!
Simply join the official LNGZL Discord server and send me (Like#0001) a message.
Click here to join the Discord
It’s licenesed under the Apache-2.0 license, check
LICENSE.md for all information.